[launchd-dev] launchctl list anomaly when logged in as root user

Raunak Poddar raunak.poddar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 22:30:35 PDT 2015

I have an launchd User Agent with label com.mycompany.myAgent & a launchd
daemon with label com.mycompany.myDaemon. I use the command $launchctl list
com.mycompany.myAgent & $sudo launchctl list com.mycompany.myDaemon to view
the PID of my job and it's LastExitStatus. Everything works fine when I'm
logged in as a standard/admin user.

When I login as root (System Administrator) although, I do not get the
status of my agent. I can see my agent's executable running in the Activity
Monitor app but $launchctl list does not show my agent.

Is there a way I can query my agent when logged in as root?