[launchd-dev] Remove "disabled" services; Migrate from "old" launchd

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Sun Aug 23 17:31:37 PDT 2015

> That's strange. In the past, launchd would forget about just about everything except the installed .plists after a restart. But I suspect the new launchd is now configured by a persistent database.

Hmmm.  I have not tried a restart.

> Next, I'd try the new print-cache command and see if your service names are in there.

They are not.

> If they are, you might try the new uncache <service-name> command to see if you can get launchd to forgettaboutit.

Tried it anyhow.  Result:

    Command is not yet implemented.

After all that, I tried a restart, launchctl uncache and launchctl remove again.  Result: No change.

I also counted the number of disabled services my app has using "grep -c".  Result: 3060.  That’s three thousand sixty.  Eeek.  What are these doing?  How can I remove them?