[launchd-dev] Remove "disabled" services; Migrate from "old" launchd

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Thu Aug 27 06:20:25 PDT 2015

> On 2015 Aug 25, at 02:02, Kevin Meaney <ktam at yvs.eu.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve had a number of outstanding documentation bugs …

Indeed, after reading the documentation I find no indication of anything wrong with my app’s frequent creation and attempted destruction of launchd agents.  After testing my app some more this week, I found that the number of “disabled” services which are reported by

launchctl print-disabled gui/`id -u` | grep -c mycompany

has now increased from 3160 to 3168.

Do readers agree with me that it is a bug that disabled services remain in the system, apparently, *forever*, and there is no way to ever delete them, except, I suppose, re—installing OS X?

Jerry