[launchd-dev] Extending Bonjour information

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Wed Apr 20 01:02:34 PDT 2016

Mitchell

On 19 Apr 2016, at 22:16, Mitchell Laurren-Ring <lists at rynosoft.com> wrote:

> Within my launchd.plist I’m using the Bonjour key for some of my on-demand sockets. Is there a way to associate a TXT record with the name that gets automatically registered with the responder?

No.

> An API I can call when launched but the info persists after my process has ended?

I expect you’d be able to do the first part (using DNSServiceRegisterRecord) but there’s no affordance for the second part.

Seems like a reasonable enhancement request though.

<https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/>

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware