[libdispatch-dev] Experimental Pthread Work Queue Support for FreeBSD

Stacey Son sson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 15 08:09:06 PST 2009

Hi All,

Just in time for the holidays I have created a couple of patches for FreeBSD-Current to add apple-like pthread workqueues.   You can find the patches at:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~sson/thrworkq/

The first patch (kern_thrworkq_*.diff) adds the kernel support and thr_workq() system call.  To compile it into the kernel "options THRWORKQ" needs to be added to the kernel config file.  The second patch (pthread_workqueue_*.diff) is for the libthr code and adds the pthread_workqueue_*_np() functions.  (See http://people.freebsd.org/~sson/thrworkq/pthread_workqueue.3.txt for the man page.)   I have only done a limited amount of testing so I am sure there are bugs.   Any questions, comments, bug reports, and/or patches are welcomed.

Thanks,

-stacey.