[libdispatch-dev] libkqueue 0.3 released

Mark Heily mark at heily.com
Tue Nov 10 19:10:31 PST 2009

libkqueue version 0.3 is now available. The detailed changes are below.

Would someone with an OS X 10.6 system please try running the unit test
suite? I have implemented EVFILT_USER under Linux, but am not sure that the
behavior matches OS X.

Also, I remember seeing some libdispatch-related kqueue commits to FreeBSD,
so if someone has access to a FreeBSD CURRENT system with the necessary
bits, please try the running the libkqueue test suite there as well.

Thanks,

  - Mark

2009-11-10  v0.3    r84

   * The EVFILT_USER filter has been implemented, but needs additional
     testing.

   * The EVFILT_PROC filter is partially implemented on Linux, but is
     currently broken.

   * The unit tests have been moved to a separate subdirectory and now
     function under OpenBSD 4.4 using the native kqueue(2) and kevent(2)
     system calls.

   * The kqueue_free() function has been removed.

   * A helper thread performs garbage collection when close(2) is called
     on the file descriptor returned by kqueue().

   * All symbols in <sys/event.h> that are not implemented are now
     undefined.

   * Major internal reorganization of the source tree.

   * A copy-and-paste error in vnode.c has been fixed.

   * The pthreads library is now required.