[libdispatch-dev] portability patches

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sat Oct 17 11:33:10 PDT 2009

On Oct 17, 2009, at 4:49 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Would these patches be interesting enough that I should dig up my
> PPC Mac?  Do I have any hope to run libdispatch under Tiger?

"It depends", of course, on what sort of event delivery mechanism you
use on Tiger.  I'm not sure how fully kqueue was implemented back in
Tiger (that was a long time ago, for my aging brain, and I don't have
a handy Tiger box to check with) but there's always poll/select if you
want to have a background thread monitor events and then reflect them
back into the gcd dispatch loop somehow.

- Jordan