[libdispatch-dev] libdispatch now available in Debian GNU/Linux

Mark Heily mark at heily.com
Mon Jul 26 19:38:01 PDT 2010

I am pleased to announce that libdispatch is now included in the official
Debian GNU/Linux package repository [1]. This package includes support for
the "blocks" extension to C.

I would like to express my gratitude to Julien Blache for sponsoring these
packages, testing them, and providing great feedback and help improving the
quality of the packages.

I'd like to thank Robert Watson for accepting various patches to improve the
portability of libdispatch. I will be submitting some more Linux-related
patches in the near future.

I would also like to thank the EGLIBC maintainers for accepting a patch to
remove the uses of "__block" within <unistd.h> that conflict with the Blocks
API.

And finally, I want to thank Apple for releasing libdispatch as open source,
and I hope that it is adopted as the foundation for writing software that
can take full advantage of the multi-core and multi-processor systems that
are becoming the norm.

Cheers,

  - Mark

[1]