[libdispatch-dev] GCD MPM for Apache

Robert N. M. Watson robert at fledge.watson.org
Wed May 19 12:05:44 PDT 2010

On 19 May 2010, at 14:49, Bobby Powers wrote:

> yes, that is excellent!  any word on performance?

I've not attempted to characterize Mac OS X performance. On FreeBSD at a rough hand-wave on two quad-core systems linked by 10gbps ethernet, I'm seeing slightly lower mean performance with much higher variance, which may be a property of using the GCD userspace thread parts as opposed to the Mac OS X workqueue parts. I hope to have a chance to take a closer look at this in the next couple of weeks, including seeing how Stacey's pthread workqueue stuff works out. This is with no attempts at performance optimization, however.

Robert