[libdispatch-dev] BUG in libdispatch: 10F569 - 1730 - 0x11

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Thu Nov 4 09:13:22 PDT 2010

Yes, neither a system-wide hang or by crash (do you mean kernel panic?) is likely to be related to this log message, and you should follow up with the normal support channels.

However, to decode the log message:

$ cd 10F569/libdispatch
$ grep -rn assume * | grep 1730
src/source.c:1730:	 	dispatch_assume_zero(kr);

(Note: the line numbers will vary some from the Mac OS Forge repository because not all of the cross-platform changes have been merged back into our release branch for 10F569)

This appears to be within _dispatch_kevent_machport_enable(dispatch_kevent_t dk) and error 0x11 is KERN_INVALID_RIGHT from kern_return.h. This implies that SystemUIServer has a bug where it's trying to create a dispatch source to monitor an invalid mach port.

Kevin