[libdispatch-dev] Fully functional libdispatch port for Windows and Linux

Marius Zwicker marius at mlba-team.de
Fri Feb 11 10:06:36 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to announce that I finished a port of libdispatch to Linux and
Windows during the last days. Except the source interfaces (which differ
too much between Windows and Linux) the API should be fully operational.
The majority of your original tests is passing - some of them still need
to be ported to build and run on all platforms. As I did not manage to
understand your code completely, I did a complete rewrite and merely
reused your api and general ideas.

For achieving "blocks support" on the majority of the used compilers I
added lambda support from the upcoming C++0x standard.

Additionally I implemented (for those who need and use it) an interface
to integrate libdispatch into applications developed using the Qt framework.

As my port is a bit more than a patch, I named it libxdispatch and it is
currently available by going to http://opensource.mlba-team.de/xdispatch
- I'm really curious about your comments.

Regards,

Marius Zwicker