[libdispatch-dev] libpthread_workqueue ported to Windows

Mark Heily mark at heily.com
Mon Feb 21 20:41:20 PST 2011

I have ported libpthread_workqueue to Windows using the MS Visual Studio
toolchain and the built-in Windows threadpool API. For compatibility with
Windows XP, I am using the "legacy thread pool API" as described here:

	http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686756%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The library also builds using the MinGW toolchain, but there are still a few
bugs in the build system that need to be fixed before it can be considered
fully functional.

I havn't tried building a combined libdispatch+libpthread_workqueue on
Windows, but will give it a try soon.

Cheers,

  - Mark