[libdispatch-dev] libdispatch on VS 2008 and VS 2010 64bit

Antonio Carlos de faria carlos.faria01 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:22:34 PDT 2011

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 07:13:34 -0700
From: leimy2k at gmail.com
To: bfulgham at gmail.com
CC: libdispatch-dev at lists.macosforge.org
Subject: Re: [libdispatch-dev] libdispatch on VS 2008 and VS 2010 64bit

+1
the int "ptr" typedefs of C99 are there precisely for this reason.  (LLP vs LP vs ILP platforms).
Dave
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Brent Fulgham <bfulgham at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Jun 13, 2011, at 2:30 PM, DrPizza wrote:

[.... snip a long, interesting conversation ...]

My two cents is that I strongly agree with DrPizza on the scaling behavior between 32/64 bit and would support moving in that direction as a general policy.

Use of the uintptr_t is something I've had to do in my own Windows 32->64 bit efforts, so it doesn't seem too ugly a convention to use for these purposes.

Best,

-Brent

libdispatch-dev at lists.macosforge.org