[libdispatch-dev] Mountain Lion libdispatch for Linux

Daniel A. Steffen dsteffen at apple.com
Wed Oct 17 00:03:11 PDT 2012

Hi Nick,

awesome, thanks for the patches!

looking at the test failures:

the dispatch_vnode failure means not all vnode notifications were seen that should have been generated in response to the file rename()s perfomed, this is likely fixable by adjusting the dispatch_semaphore_wait timeout in the test, but could also indicate a problem in the kevent library or somewhere below

dispatch_starfish is essentially a stress test for multithreaded malloc, looks like the latency allowed by the test was exceeded in one case, this does not indicate a serious problem (the timing constants in the test would need to be adjusted for Linux for this to pass).

the dispatch_io failures look more serious and likely indicate a problem with the port of io.c, the asynchronous IO does not seem to be performed correctly, but I can't tell anything more specific about the cause from the output, so you'll probably need to do some debugging...

Daniel