[libdispatch-dev] Fwd: [Bug libc/11157] __block is a reserved word with clang -fblocks

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Tue Nov 26 02:28:09 PST 2013

Il 26/11/2013 01:18, Mark Heily ha scritto:
> Good news: it appears that the glibc maintainers have accepted a patch
> to allow the use of __block as a Clang keyword. This should make it
> easier to build libdispatch and programs that use the Blocks compiler
> extension.

FWIW, I still believe this was a Clang bug.  You could count on the
maintainers to do this in the case of glibc, but what if Microsoft does
the same?

GCC has a fixincludes tool that works around incompatibilities or
namespace clashes between system headers and the compiler.  Does Clang
have anything like that?  If so, why did the bug have to be fixed in glibc?

Paolo