Why does darwinports developers choose the tcl/tk for darwinports project?

Luc Heinrich luc at honk-honk.com
Fri Dec 29 04:14:48 PST 2006

On 28 déc. 06, at 00:13, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/darwinports/2002-October/
> 015354.html

In my very own and personal opinion, Tcl is the single reason why
MacPorts doesn't get as many external contributions as it should and
is therefore so awfully slow to evolve. I have tried to dive in the
MacPorts sources many times, read the Welch book, yadda yadda, and I
still can't get past 3 or 4 lines of Tcl without giving up in
disgust. Ok, maybe that's just me but still...

--
Luc Heinrich - luc at honk-honk.com - http://www.honk-honk.com