svn up occasional SSL negotiation failure

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Mon Oct 30 06:38:20 PST 2006

On 30.10.2006, at 2.03, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Hi. I'm still trying to figure this thing out. I recently checked
> out a working copy of macports/trunk and have pointed my MacPorts
> installation at the dports directory instead of the normal rsync
> location, so I would like to update this working copy every once in
> awhile.
>
> Just now I ran "svn up" from the terminal and got this:
>
> $ svn up
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repository/macports/trunk'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/repository/macports/trunk': SSL negotiation
> failed: SSL error: sslv3 alert bad record mac (https://
> svn.macosforge.org)
>
> Doing "svn up" again right afterwards worked just fine.
>
> Admittedly I do sometimes have a crummy wireless network connection
> here which is prone to losing packets occasionally. But I thought
> the whole idea of TCP/IP was that it could withstand such things.
> Any comments?

Hi,
this was discussed a while ago. No solution seems to be found. This
happens occasionally to me, too, and probably others. I just made a
small shell script to do the update directory by directory.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
! Kolmas linja 12 A 18            mob. +358-400-347 015
skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
! FI-00530 Helsinki               http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386