Cached configure?

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon Apr 23 02:22:07 PDT 2007

Hi Greg,

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but since I don't want to override the
> default configure arguments I think I want to use configure.args-
> append="-C", correct?

You're absolutely right, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get
configure.args-append to work from the command line, and the only
other way that I can think of doing it would be to modify the
Portfile, which is obviously not a user-configurable option.  If you
only needed to set -C for a single port, I'd be happy to look into
getting it done, but if you're talking about an install-wide
preference, that's currently beyond my ability to implement.  In any
case, unless you're running on an old machine or are continually
running builds, I don't think many ports would lose much time by not
having -C set (but for a contrast, see the Courier-related ports --
my limited testing suggested a useful time reduction for them).

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)