[27772] trunk/dports/sysutils/logrotate/Portfile

N_Ox n.oxyde at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:54:12 PDT 2007

Le 14 août 07 à 18:13, markd at macports.org a écrit :

> N_Ox <n.oxyde at gmail.com> writes:
>>> +	 xinstall -d ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man8
>>> +	 xinstall -m 755 ${worksrcpath}/logrotate.8 ${destroot}${prefix}/
>>> share/man/man8
>>> <snip>
>>
>> By the way, manpage permissions should be 444,
>> and as share/man/man8 is already in mtree, it is useless to install
>> it beforehand.
>
> Ah thanks Anthony.  I corrected that.  I think that was the first
> port I
> ever did.
>
> But about creating directories, I'm confused about that.
>
> Question 1:  I thought I had to create directories manually when
> copying
> my own destroot or pre- or post- destroot phases.  If not, can it
> simply
> be omitted for the file specified in the MacPorts guide under
> "MacPorts
> File Hierarchy".  That is the mtree, correct?
>
> I think I create directories in destroot for a lot of ports, and I
> thought
> others did too so I'm confused.

Don't worry, I've just discovered that by mistake, I haven't created
an mtree directory and xinstall didn't complain.
I think they are created before the destroot stage and that these
that remain empty after are deleted in destroot_finish.

> Question 2:  Are there other file permission standards to which we
> should
> be adhering?  Can we state a standard for manpages, docs, executables,
> etc., when we install them manually?

I think there are only manpages.
And other common things, like 0755 for executable and folders. This
kind of thing.

--
Anthony Ramine, the infamous MacPorts Trac slave.
nox at macports.org