[28240] trunk/dports/PortIndex

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sat Aug 25 13:56:00 PDT 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2007, at 14:36, source_changes at macosforge.org wrote:
>
>> Total number of ports parsed:	4194
>> Ports successfully parsed:	4193
>> Ports failed:			1
>>

>> Failed to parse file palm/hrsh2csv/Portfile: Error evaluating
>> variants
>
> What's going on here? I don't get this error when creating the
> portindex locally.

	I was precisely trying to fix it just now and realized the same
thing. I presume you're on an intel machine....? And Daniel's
indexing box is a powerpc...? The only 'variant' the port has is a
powerpc platform block, which fails as follows when I force it on my
intel mac:

  ---> port -d extract +powerpc
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /usr/local/src/macosforge/macports/
trunk/dports/palm/hrsh2csv
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port hrsh2csv.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port hrsh2csv.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port hrsh2csv.
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /usr/local/src/macosforge/macports/
trunk/dports/palm/hrsh2csv
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port hrsh2csv.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port hrsh2csv.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port hrsh2csv.
DEBUG: Executing variant powerpc provides powerpc
DEBUG: couldn't read file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_usr_local_src_macosforge_macports_trunk_dports_palm_hrsh2csv/work/
hrsh2csv-1.3/Makefile": no such file or directory
     while executing
"exec sed {s|-O2 -D__MAC2PC_CONVERSION__|-O2|} < /opt/local/var/
macports/build/
_usr_local_src_macosforge_macports_trunk_dports_palm_hrsh2csv/work/
hrsh2..."
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval exec $cmdline"
Error: reinplace: couldn't read file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_usr_local_src_macosforge_macports_trunk_dports_palm_hrsh2csv/work/
hrsh2csv-1.3/Makefile": no such file or directory

	The variant's main body is being evaluated and naturally the tarball
has not been extracted yet, so there's no Makefile to edit. I'm
guessing wrapping up that reinplace in the platform block with a
{pre,post}-{configure,build} hook would clear the error. Chris, could
you please look into it?

	Regards,...

-jmpp