New website! ... not yet, really (Fwd: [28303] trunk/www)

Chris Pickel sfiera at macports.org
Tue Aug 28 12:46:09 PDT 2007

On 27 Aug, 2007, at 21:12, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
> 	I am most glad to announce that thanks to the work I've been
> putting into the PortIndex2MySQL.tcl script lately, I was able to
> recover our old web site back from the dead as a natural
> progression to the former, as you may have seen from my recent
> commit r28303. The result is posted at my web server, http://
> apollo.homeunix.net/macports, reflecting the state of the current
> trunk/www dir in svn at any moment.

This inspired me to have a go at a set of new styles last night,
which I've posted to http://stwing.org/~chpickel/macports/ -- pretty
much a verbatim conversion of jmpp's page for now, with a few added
links.

(I'm still not sure about the languages. They're no good to be linked
from the bottom of the page, but maybe they're too prominent in mine.
Also, does anyone actually recognize the English flag?)

But anyway, there's a thought about how the site should look. Not
much of a departure from the Mac OS Forge look, but still more
distinctively MacPorts.

Chris