ChangeLog, 1.6.0 and trunk versions

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Dec 6 20:18:14 PST 2007

	Hello Ryan!

On Dec 6, 2007, at 8:17 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I'd like to add something into the ChangeLog about the new "port
> load" and "port unload" commands, implemented in r31500 and fixed
> in r31771.
>
> The ChangeLog lists version 1.5.2's changes, and then above that,
> we have a whole bunch of changes classified "unreleased". "port
> load" and "port unload" are not in the 1.6.0 branch. Where do I add
> information about this to the changelog? And how do we know which
> of these unreleased changes in the ChangeLog will be released in
> 1.6.0 and which are still only in trunk?

	I posted about the status of the release_1_6 branch little ago to
this list and made a little change to the ChangeLog file in trunk in
r31776, indicating the reach of the 1.6.0 release. Basically the only
things missing from the release branch are the path settings James is
working on and his "load" & "unload" port(1) actions; feel free to
add any of that to the "Unreleased" section of the ChangeLog. For a
full and classified listing of what will be in 1.6.0 take a look at
the NEWS file I recently created.

> Related: The version of MacPorts in trunk should be updated to
> 1.7.0 and a 1.7.0 version should be added to Trac so we can file
> accurate bugs. For example, all the bugs about the missing "cd"
> command, which are currently assigned to the 1.6.0 version, should
> be changed to 1.7.0, since 1.6.0 now will have the "cd" command again.

	Thanks for the reminder, I'll work on that once 1.6.0 is out.
Regards,....

-jmpp