SourceForge in mirror_sites.tcl

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Feb 5 16:34:00 PST 2007

	Hello Ross! I wanted to inform you on behalf of the MacPorts team that
our 1.4 upcoming release will use sf's new redirector mechanism (the
fix is already in our sources, awaiting release), thanks for the
heads-up! However, I'm a bit concerned about all our sf based downloads
failing in case that main site is down, as you point out as a possible
scenario in your message below.

	I like the idea of keeping a few (2? 3? ...5?) backup mirrors to
prevent this from happening, but before adding them back I'd like to
ask you which ones you would recommend; and while at it, also how many
;-)

	Thanks again for your help! Regards,...

-jmpp