remove p5-math-bigint port?

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Feb 26 08:21:34 PST 2007

On 2007-02-26 11:01:23 -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> >Something should be done on the MacPorts side so that
> >  1. the user isn't confused,
>
> The least surprising thing (in my opinion) is to continue to have the
> macports perl module experience match every other platform.

Yes, but for instance, Debian doesn't provide a package for
Math::BigInt.

vin:~> apt-file search Math/BigInt.pm
perl-modules: usr/share/perl/5.8.4/Math/BigInt.pm
perl-modules: usr/share/perl/5.8.8/Math/BigInt.pm

i.e. it comes from the core modules only. Now, should MacPorts provide
a p5-math-bigint port or should one do like Debian, i.e. provide the
core module (in the perl5.8 port) only?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>