gmtl port file

Doug McCorkle mccdo at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 9 11:37:56 PST 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 4:48 PM, Mark Duling wrote:

> Doug McCorkle <mccdo at iastate.edu> on Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at
> 6:48 PM
> -0800 wrote:
>>      I have a port file for gmtl that I would like considered for
>> addition to macports. Please let me know if the file needs to be
>> updated in some manner to be included. Thanks for the consideration.
>
> Doug,
>
> I tried it and I have only two questions based on this:
>
> -------------------------------------
> Building GMTL Version: 0.4.12
> Install prefix:
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_Users_mduling_dports_math_gmtl/work/
> destroot/opt/local
> checking for CppUnitDir [/usr/local/include]...
> no
> checking for EnablePython [False]...
> Using Boost version 1.31
> checking for BoostPythonDir [/usr/local]...
> /usr/local/include/boost/version.hpp not found.
> Trying /usr/local/include/boost-1_31/boost/version.hpp
> /usr/local/include/boost-1_31/boost/version.hpp not found.
> -------------------------------------
>
> 1) Should the app be compiled with boost support?  If so a
> dependency for
> it should be added for the MP version and a switch or configure
> patch to
> point gmtl to the MP one.
> 2) Or should boost support be turned off, or only off by default with
> optional support provided with a boost variant?
> 3) If boost support is added one way or another, then unless there are
> special circumstances (and there could be because I am not in a
> position
> to know) then the port should not look for a non-MP boost (in /
> usr).  As
> it is now the port will
> 4) The same questions hold for CppUnitDir, whatever that is.

For basic development usage boost and cppunit are not needed. I
figured after it was in use for a little while the other variants
could be added. I talked with the developers of the library and they
did not seem to think it was an immediate requirement to have the
other variants available. I will see if it is possible to disable the
boost and cppunit requirement.

> After getting these issues resolved you should submit the portfile
> as an
> attachment to a Trac ticket, though sometimes you need to prod
> someone to
> commit it with a list message to get it soon.
>
> Mark

Thanks for trying it out and the feedback!

Doug