Q: variants specified in dependencies

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Thu Jul 5 05:19:18 PDT 2007

I remember there has been discussion about this, i.e. variants
specified in dependencies. I wonder what the current status is, as I
noticed the ticket about this (#126, the oldest one open, I believe)
was milestoned to 1.5. At least in one earlier discussion there were
objections to do this due to the difficulty in implementing, but I
would like to see this, e.g. because mpkg is based on very short
trial useless without this capability (and mpkg is something that I
could use). If this means that I should dive into the deep core of
MacPorts, I would be willing to give it a try.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386