Q: variants specified in dependencies

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Jul 9 07:46:45 PDT 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Landon Fuller wrote:
> My own (potentially unpopular) opinion is that this is possible to
> implement and impossible to support, as it would introduce
> exponential complexity to the dependency tree.

I agree. The current workarounds for this lack of functionality
(include as much functionality as possible in the port, create
another port with the necessary functionality for other ports to
depend on) work fairly well.

Of course, the complexity of the dependency tree doesn't matter as
much now as it could if we start building/testing all of the ports as
has been talked about many times.

--
Daniel J. Luke