default_variants per platform

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Fri Jul 13 02:16:23 PDT 2007

Randall Wood wrote:

> You could try this:
>
> variant aqua conflicts x11 requires macosx {}
>
> variant x11 conflicts aqua {}

Here is what I ended up with:

default_variants +aqua
platform macosx {}

variant aqua requires macosx description "Use the wxMac port of
wxWidgets" {
	depends_lib-append port:wxWidgets
}

variant x11 conflicts aqua description "Use the wxGTK port of
wxWidgets" {
	depends_lib-append port:wxgtk
}

I'm not very happy with it, so need to investigate
why the default variants I tried weren't working...
(the above also needs a code snippet to deactivate
-aqua and add +x11 for puredarwin and freebsd etc)

The three wxWidgets ports could also need some more
refining, so probably give it a real overhaul later.
Currently you can't for instance install both of
wxMac and wxGTK, without having file conflicts...

--anders