How come macports does not recognize "exit" ?

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Wed Jul 25 08:17:58 PDT 2007

Le 07-07-25 à 10:59, Daniel J. Luke a écrit :

> On Jul 25, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Yves de Champlain wrote:
>> --->  Fetching XFree86
>>
>> Error:
>>                     You have an Apple X11 installation already.
>>                         MacPorts will not overwrite it.
>>
>>                     If you really want to use XFree86 instead,
>>                         please move it aside first :
>>
>>                             sudo mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6.apple
>>
>> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: invalid command name
>> "exit"
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>
> It was added because ports shouldn't exit (they shouldn't be able
> to kill the tcl interpreter that they're running in), but instead
> should just return an error.

If I understand, the following code should end with "return 1"
instead of "exit 1" ?

         } elseif { [file exists ${prefix}/include/X11/X.h] } {
             ui_error "
                     You have an Apple X11SDK installation already.
                         MacPorts will not overwrite it.

                     If you wish to use Apple X11,
                         install it from your MacOSX install disc.

                     If you really want to use XFree86 instead,
                         please move it aside first :

                             sudo mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6.apple
             "
             exit 1