How come macports does not recognize "exit" ?

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Wed Jul 25 08:33:54 PDT 2007

Le 07-07-25 à 11:22, Daniel J. Luke a écrit :

> On Jul 25, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Yves de Champlain wrote:
>> If I understand, the following code should end with "return 1"
>> instead of "exit 1" ?
>
> Yes, or you could use "return -code error"
>
> You can also include some explanation (like the fusefs Portfile
> does), but I'm not sure if/how the macports infrastructure uses it.

It uses it very well :-)

Bilbo:/usr/X11R6 yves$ sudo port fetch XFree86
--->  Fetching XFree86
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned:

                     You have an Apple X11 installation already.
                         MacPorts will not overwrite it.

                     If you really want to use XFree86 instead,
                         please move it aside first :

                             sudo mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6.apple

yves