Release 1.5 branch created

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Sat Jun 30 12:46:28 PDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2007, at 4:26 AM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
>> On Jun 30, 2007, at 12:28 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>>

>>> 	Evening everyone!

> 	Though I have tested the sed calls that update the conf files
> extensively, could I please ask you to double check your
> macports.conf and sources.conf file? Is everything alright in them?
> Compare them to how files off a fresh trunk installation would look:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/base/doc/
> sources.conf
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/base/doc/
> macports.conf.in  (after autoconfiscation of course, with keyword
> substitution in)

I initially diffed them with the mpsaved versions to see how things
changed, and it all looked fine; comparing them to the originals in
svn shows that they appear to have come in nicely.  Just a few
comments are a bit different, but that's because I've had these files
for quite a while...

>> Only issue I've seen is the .mpsaved files in receipts are left
>> behind, is this deliberate?
>

> 	Eeerrrr.. I simply did not think about deleting them, keeping them
> around as a "just in case" measure just as the conf files .mpsaved
> backups. I could include a deleting rule in a future release or
> even in this one if people prefer, but personally I rather keep
> them for the time being. No matter how much I've tested this
> (thankfully with all reported failures, very few to begin with,
> already corrected), I'm still messing around with already installed
> software so I prefer to stick to the "better safe than sorry!"
> mindframe.

I figured they were being kept around for safety reasons.  Perhaps a
post-installation message saying something to the effect, "If all
looks okay, the .mpsaved files can be removed".

>> Bryan
>

> 	Thanks for your report Bryan! Regards,...

'tis the fun of always running off of trunk.

Bryan