build glib2 universal binary on PPC

Elias Pipping pipping at macports.org
Mon Mar 5 23:53:04 PST 2007

that's why i added a link to this paste in my mail ;)

    http://paste.lisp.org/display/37714,1/raw

assuming nothing in the very core of macports is touched (so there's
nothing like "build1, build2" or anything) this is what's reusable:

  * the backup function that is passed an architecture and works on a
filelist
  * the invocation 'build - backup' (goes into pre-build, post-build)

so... what's the actual difference between these ports (that use lipo
to build universal) is:

  * the step that modifies the configuration for each architecture
before building
  * the file list

the problem with the file list is: in order to allow creating it
through globbing instead of having a static list for every port it
would have to be created between the build- and the backup-step.

because the post-configure step needs to be done twice and we have
something like

variable - constant - variable - constant

the post-configure step of the second build phase needs to go into
'build'

so it's basically:

variable: post-configure {foo - whatever needs to be done for the
first run}
constant: pre-build (comes from the groupfile)
variable: build {bar - whatever needs to be done for the second run}
constant: post-build (comes from the groupfile, too)

in order to allow splitting up the build- and the backup-step for the
filelist that would require the invocation of the backup step to go
into build, instead of pre-build (not a problem) and post-post-build
(there's no such thing, is there?). since after post-build comes pre-
destroot and such a step shouldn't go into the destroot step that'd
require restructuring of the whole configure-build-destroot idea with
pre- and post-. so umm... what do we do?

Regards,

Elias Pipping