MacPorts v1.4.41 released for selfupdate

Glen Whitney gwhitney at pobox.com
Thu May 17 23:12:13 PDT 2007

James Berry writes:
>     - `port info` now opens the Portfile and displays up-to-date
> information.
>        This allows information about variants to be displayed (eg.
> dependencies).
>        Also allow `port info` to default to current directory if no
> name is provided
>        (eridius r25255).

>      - Evaluate variants at dportopen instead of dportexec. This
> ensures that
>        the portfile represents the proper information if queried
> before targets
>        are executed. It also prevents variants from being executed
> twice if multiple
>        targets are executed separately on the portfile (ticket
> #11296, eridius r25033).

These two changes make it very easy to fix the bug I reported in
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11891 (variants
ignored in deps action). All that has to happen is that the code Mr.
Ballard put into action_info for this purpose be shared by action_deps,
and I have submitted a patch to ticket 11891 which does just that.
Hopefully  the patch will help get that ticket resolved.

    Thanks very much,
      Glen Whitney