Trac emails -- how to stop getting them

N_Ox nox at macports.org
Mon Nov 19 05:13:05 PST 2007

Le 19 nov. 07 à 11:25, Randall Wood a écrit :

> On 18 Nov 2007, at 23:48, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> So it used to be that you would only get emails from Trac if you
>> put your email address in the ticket's Cc line. This was a rather
>> broken design, but was how it was. I often went thru and added
>> reporter and assignee to the Cc list of all sorts of tickets.
>> Didn't add myself because they weren't my ports. I also sometimes
>> added small comments to tickets, such as suggesting that it was a
>> duplicate of another ticket. Again, not my issue, so I didn't add
>> myself to the Cc line. I didn't care to hear any further
>> discussion on those issues, since I wasn't using the ports in
>> question. Whenever I wanted to become part of the discussion, I
>> added myself to the Cc line.
>>
>> Now that Trac is fixed, it seems to be sending me mails about
>> every ticket I've ever touched. I don't care about, for example,
>> issue #12994, but I keep getting email about it. I'm not the
>> reporter, the assignee, or on the Cc list; I just added a comment
>> at some point. How do I stop getting email about that ticket, and
>> others I don't care about? Is there an "unsubscribe me from this
>> ticket" button somewhere that I'm overlooking? I had trouble
>> keeping up with relevant ticket mails before; now it's become much
>> more difficult as I have to sift through the irrelevant ticket
>> mails to get to the relevant ones.
>
> You may want to double check that you are not subscribed to the
> macports-tickets mailing list. Turns out I was subscribed twice to
> that list at two different email addresses...
>

> Randall Wood
> rhwood at mac.com
> http://shyramblings.blogspot.com
>
> "The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90
> minutes. All the
> rest is just philosophy."

As Ryan said, with the new configuration anyone who had participated
in the ticket (even just to change some properties) gets notified
afterwards.
We should only notify the reporter and the assignee by default,
shouldn't we?

Regards,

--
Anthony Ramine, the "Ports tree cleaning Maestro".
<nox at macports.org>