propchange - r31472 svn:log

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Nov 27 23:37:09 PST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Remove the Author: line. Instead, make the propchange email come
> from the author, instead of the original committer. Also, put the
> author's address in the Reply-To, not the committer's.
>
> Also, we need to see what the old property value was, not just what
> the new value is. Ideally, it would be nice to see a Trac-style
> colored diff of the changes, just like we have for the post-commit
> emails. But the whole point of these mails is that if someone screws
> up badly and obliterates a property, the old value of the property
> is in the mail so anyone can repair it. Without this, there's no way
> to repair it, unless someone magically knows what the property value
> should be.
>
> I looked into this before and couldn't find any way for svn-notify
> (which we currently use for post-commit mails) to produce post-
> revprop-change emails. We may wish to switch mail scripts entirely
> to one that can support both types of mail.

	svn-notify wasn't designed for revprops, so that'll certainly be a
bit difficult accomplishing. About another mail scripts package, I'm
not personally acquainted with any other, so suggestions are more than
welcome (hoping they fit in Mac OS Forge's framework).

	In any case, the new revprop mail format will look as follows:

== headers ==