Problem: Macports on Leopard, cannot selfupdate

Stellit Woo istellit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:56:26 PDT 2007

I just switch my system to Leopard and I also need Macports same as in
tiger.
There is no problem during the installation. But when I selfupdate
Macports, it says I do not have an acceptable C compiler.
Following is the error message what I got

Stellit:~ stellit$ sudo port -f selfupdate
Password:
MacPorts base version 1.5 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.520
Configuring, Building and Installing new MacPorts base
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: Error installing new
MacPorts base: shell command "cd /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/base && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --
with-install-user=root --with-install-group=admin --with-tclpackage=/
Library/Tcl && make && make install" returned error 1
Command output: checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Regards,

Stellit