New website! ... not yet, really (Fwd: [28303] trunk/www)

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Sep 5 13:37:37 PDT 2007

On Sep 1, 2007, at 7:08 PM, mark.duling at biola.edu wrote:

> I like your ideas.  It sounds like a good way forward.
>
> Mark

	So, from your message and Ryan's, and the silence that resulted on
the list thereon, I can assume that either everyone liked my ideas
and therefore didn't feel any need to reply... or that only you two
read my message ;-) In any case, I think that with the consensus we
have so far we can start putting something together to jump-start
this effort, and adapt as we go along if other people do chime in
with input that might change our course.

	And to finally get started, I would love it if we already started
adding new content to the trunk/www svn space, based on my outline of
what the new site should say/have. I'll start this myself ASAP but
everyone else should feel free to jump in. There is also a 'www'
component in new ticket submissions, so people could also submit
patches if either they don't confident enough to commit and want to
get some feedback or if they don't have commit access altogether.
Mark, how would you feel about renaming the "Documentation" milestone
to something like "Documentation and www"... or whatever to that
effect? (feel free to suggest a new name ;-)

	Lastly, I'll coordinate with Chris to include his css as the new
default one. But that doesn't have to be final, a redesign for that
could also be open to discussion (and maybe even an open contest too ;-)

	Regards,....

-jmpp