Problem with patchfiles (same name for different versions)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 5 16:49:56 PDT 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 14:21, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>
>> Upstream patches are versioned: they are in different subdirectories.
>> But MacPorts doesn't care, unless I've missed something to have the
>> subdirectory taken into account.
>
> You could always rename ${distpath}, which is were files are
> downloaded to (${prefix}/var/macports/distfiles/${name} by default
> IIRC) and do something like "set distpath ${prefix}/var/macports/
> distfiles/${name}-${version}" or whatever. That would certainly
> download everything into a versioned subdir of the distfiles
> directory, but I don't know all the implications that might have
> for other things like cleaning (I presume none, but exercising
> caution is always good).

I already suggested using "dist_subdir ${name}/${version}" which is a
bit simpler, and Vincent already did this:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/28573

The fact that MacPorts offers a "dist_subdir" keyword implies to me
that it will work properly for all cases. If it does not, I would
consider that a bug.