PLEASE READ: Whitespace rules

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Sep 7 11:47:09 PDT 2007

On Sep 7, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
> Last time this was brought up only one person complained,

?? Every few months this comes up. There are a few people vocally in
favor of one way or another to do things. I think most people don't
care too much.

> but it really is a serious problem and we need standards.

??

> Therefore I propose the following:

[snip]

My counter proposal is as follows:

Whitespace rules inside of Portfiles are the maintainer's
prerogative. Portfile authors should be consistent with their
application of whitespace.

When working on base/ code, the author should conform to the existing
whitespace conventions of the code he/she is working on.

These are the current, repeatedly agreed to, standards anyway.
--
Daniel J. Luke