[35801] trunk/dports/lang/slime/Portfile

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Apr 7 23:51:06 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
[...]
> In the future could you please make functional changes separately from
> whitespace changes? That way we have a chance of understanding what
> functional changes were made, by looking at the diff.

Acknowledged.  The Portfile had so many accumulated changes *and* the
Portfile had changed radically since I originally wrote the port (in
2006?), that I pushed everything together.  Ticket [14136][1] has most
of the blow by blow if you wish to construct.

[1]: http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14136

> Also, one of your recent changes (possibly "Moved setup code from
> 'configure' to 'platform darwin' (#macports jmr_mp)") has broken the
> port. It now does this:

I could use advice on how to move that code into a "global" section.
Eventually all those variables should be moved into a "Emacsen" section
of the base system, but for now, I was just trying to setup everything
in one place in the Portfile.  I originally had that block in
'configure', but that had the property that

   osx$ sudo port build slime
   osx$ sudo port install slime

would fail.

Any advice on where I can put such a section that is always invoked when
the Portfile is parsed.  I need to dig through the base macports code
more to understand how TCL is interpolating the Portfile, but pointers
from the more knowledgable would be helpful.

> $ port info slime
> Error: Error executing darwin: Registry error: emacs not registered as
> installed.
> Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants
> $
>
> This is also blowing up the PortIndex process, therefore the port is
> (automatically) no longer being included in the PortIndex until this is
> fixed.

Mea culpa.  How do I run the PortIndex process manually to verify my fix?

Mark