[MacPorts] #14901: firefox-x11 does not provide file-selection browsers (fwd)

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Wed Apr 16 07:29:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

Apologies for resurrecting this somehow old thread.

I am using firefox-x11 all the time (I simply hate the Mac OS GUI and
it's lack of sloppy focus so I am trying to stay under X as much as
possible) and the lack of file browser annoys the heck out of me.
This is a really long standing problem.  I have also inquired on this
list awhile ago but got no response.  Other than the file browser (or
lack thereof) the port works fine on my machine (MBP 2,2).

At 18:37 -0400 on 2008-4-2 robert delius royar wrote:

 > I recall from my own attempts to build SeaMonkey for Mac X11 that I
 > could not get it to link in the gnome-vfs components (listed as
 > required in the port file).  It always insisted on trying to link
 > in the Carbon

Looking at the port file, the firefox-x11 port does use gnome-vfs
apparently.  I have not watched the build process though.  Instead, I
tried (to tweak the configuration flags) to no effect.  Have you made
any attempt at this?  If so, with what effect?

I meant to try some more stuff in this respect (I also meant to answer
this email earlier... ;-) ) but so far I did not quite find the time
to do it right, I just poked around now and then (without any
noticeable effect).

 > Ticket URL: <http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14901>
 > MacPorts </projects/macports>
 > Ports system for Mac OS

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.