Beta Release

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Mon Aug 11 14:23:18 PDT 2008

On Aug 11, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Paul Magrath wrote:
>
>> After discussing it with Rainer, I've decided that now, one week to
>> go
>> till the Google Summer of Code deadline, is a good time to launch a
>> beta release of my development branch. So, I'd like to ask all the
>> developers who are interested to checkout /branches/gsoc08-
>> privileges/
>> base from the SVN repository and let me know, preferably by email,
>> what you think and any bugs you find. The idea is to shake out as
>> much
>> problems as possible so that it is in a fit state for integration
>> into
>> the trunk by the deadline.
>
> Seems to have a path bug, "port build" returned an error due to
> /Users/afb/.macports/Users/afb/.macports/ being used for extract ?
> Fetch seems to be using another recursion through the loop, at:
> /Users/afb/.macports/Users/afb/.macports/Users/afb/.macports/...
>
> The configure line was:
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/afb/.macports --with-no-root-privileges

I see a similar odd path for distfiles here, though my configure was a
bit different:

$ ./configure --prefix=/Users/blb/devel/mp-priv --with-no-root-
privileges --with-applications-dir=/Users/blb/devel/mp-priv/
Applications --with-frameworks-dir=/Users/blb/devel/mp-priv/Frameworks
--with-tclpackage=/Users/blb/devel/mp-priv/Tcl

This is meant to contain it all within the mp-priv directory (I've
been using similar settings for a test install off trunk, another off
1.6 branch, etc).  The distfile location it used was:

DEBUG: Going to use /Users/blb/.macports/Users/blb/.macports/Users/blb/
devel/mp-priv/var/macports/distfiles for fetch.

It also created some other interesting paths:

/Users/blb/.macports/Users/blb/devel/macports/trunk/dports/devel/
pkgconfig where it appears to have copied pkgconfig's Portfile and the
work symlink (I'm guessing it would have copied files/ over as well,
if pkgconfig had one?)

/Users/blb/.macports/Users/blb/devel/mp-priv/var/macports/build/
_Users_blb_devel_macports_trunk_dports_devel_pkgconfig which is where
it created the actual work directory for building, so this one is the
one I most expected to see.

Note however that it did successfully build pkgconfig.  However, when
it reached the install phase it wanted me to authenticate to sudo even
though I used '--with-no-root-privileges'.  Finally, when I just hit
enter at the sudo password prompt to get it to exit, port dumped a
long trace (I think you need a catch around the 'exec sudo port...'):

child process exited abnormally
     while executing
"exec sudo port $target $portname"
     invoked from within
"if { [geteuid] != 0 && $result == 2} {
			# mportexec will return an error result code 2 if eval_targets
fails due to insufficient privileges.
			ui_i..."
     ("uplevel" body line 54)
     invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $block"
     (procedure "foreachport" line 16)
     invoked from within
"foreachport $portlist {
         set target $action

         # If we have a url, use that, since it's most specific
         # otherwise try to map the ..."
     (procedure "action_target" line 7)
     invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
     (procedure "process_cmd" line 86)
     invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
     invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

     # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command

     # Exit immediately, by default, unless..."
     (file "/Users/blb/devel/mp-priv/bin/port" line 3252)

Bryan