No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Mon Dec 1 01:39:07 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 03:19:29AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt said:
[...]
> Yes it was a Subversion working copy from svn.macosforge.org, and your fix
> worked, thanks!

Good to know, as of r42848 macports.org and macosforge.org should work for
svn, and macports.org and darwinports.org for rsync (the latter just in
case, since rsync.darwinports.org is still just CNAME'd to
rsync.macosforge.org).  It would appear that rsync.macosforge.org was never
used in sources.conf, so hopefully nobody uses that.

>>> On another machine, on which I have multiple MacPorts installs
>>> sharing a
>>> sources.conf, "[default]" appears to have been added by something.
>>> Because
>>> I updated one install, and then the other said:
>>>
>>> $ port sync
>>> Warning: /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf source 'file:///Volumes/data/
>>> macports/ports [default]' specifies invalid flag 'default'
>>> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn
>>> update
>>> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>>> $
>>>
>>> And sources.conf does (now) have "[default]" at the end of the one
>>> non-comment line.
>>
>> Did this sources.conf have a tag already, most likely [nosync] in it?
>> That
>> was fixed in r42734 for trunk and r42736 for 1.7 branch, to use the
>> correct
>> '[nosync,default]' instead of '[nosync] [default]'.
>
> No, it had no existing tags. But it was a working copy from
> svn.macports.org. That explains it!

Ah, so this machine is sharing a sources.conf between multiple versions of
MacPorts, at least one being prior to 1.7b1 then?  I wonder if we should
update base to ignore unknown tags, maybe just warning, so this won't be an
issue in the future?

Bryan