path: dependency for files NOT in macports

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Dec 11 18:34:46 PST 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 17:14, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> The dependency is satisfied if the named port is installed,
>> regardless
>> of whether it actually provides the specified file.
>
> So in this case you would depend on
>
> path:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig/x11.pc:xorg-libX11
>
> If /usr/X11/lib/pxkgconfig.x11.pc exists that will satisfy (would be
> the case on Leopard and later), and if not, then port xorg-libX11
> will be installed (for Tiger and earlier).

Yeah, but what if someone has it in /usr/local/... or whatever...  I
guess I could do it with ${x11prefix}, but it would still be nice to
have a "is this file in any prefix that would be searched for bin:
lib: dependencies" kind of dependency such that bin:myapp:myapp would
be equivalent to thisnewone:bin/myapp:myapp