[MacPorts] #17736: gnome-doc-utils 0.14.0 -- build failure

Ian Grant Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 23 02:29:06 PST 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:50:52 -0000
"MacPorts" <noreply at macports.org> wrote:
>  gnome-doc-utils upgraded to version 0.14.1 in r44154 and builds
> without incident on 10.4.11 ppc.

Thanks, 0.14.1 works for me too.

I had been operating on the assumption that if I didn't do a selfupdate I would get some sort of consistent picture of the ports tree, albeit not the very latest. Should I just be running a selfupdate every time, before I install any port?

bramley:~$ sudo port selfupdate
Password:

MacPorts base version 1.700 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.700

The MacPorts installation is not outdated so it was not updated
bramley:~$ sudo port clean --all gnome-doc-utils
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Cleaning gnome-doc-utils
bramley:~$ sudo port install gnome-doc-utils
--->  Fetching gnome-doc-utils
--->  Attempting to fetch gnome-doc-utils-0.14.1.tar.bz2 from http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-doc-utils/0.14/
--->  Attempting to fetch gnome-doc-utils-0.14.1.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.linux.org.uk/mirrors/ftp.gnome.org/sources/gnome-doc-utils/0.14/
--->  Attempting to fetch gnome-doc-utils-0.14.1.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.gnome.org/sources/gnome-doc-utils/0.14/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gnome-doc-utils
--->  Extracting gnome-doc-utils
--->  Configuring gnome-doc-utils
--->  Building gnome-doc-utils
--->  Staging gnome-doc-utils into destroot
--->  Installing gnome-doc-utils @0.14.1_0
--->  Activating gnome-doc-utils @0.14.1_0
--->  Cleaning gnome-doc-utils
bramley:~$