72 hours are not enough for maintainers?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 21 21:12:12 PST 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 11:31, Eric Hall wrote:

> I'd like to see an improvement in maintainer notification,
> some way for trac to grok the maintainers of a port a ticket is filed
> against and send them an email without having a human properly assign
> the ticket or fill in the CC: field.  I have no idea if there are even
> hooks in trac to make that possible....

I suggested that before too, but then jmpp pointed out that we don't
capture the information "what port is this ticket for?" anywhere in
the ticket. We don't have a field for that. Many people put the
affected port name somewhere in the ticket title, but many don't, and
those that do don't always put it in a consistent place. I don't know
if we can reliably just try to find any portname in the ticket title.
Also, many reporters report problems against the port they're trying
to install, rather than against the dependency which actually failed.