[34326] trunk/dports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 22 02:57:29 PST 2008

On Feb 22, 2008, at 04:33, Joshua Root wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> You should have used "svn mv" to rename pgpFullLicense.c-patch to
>> patch-pgpFullLicense.c.diff. It looks like you just added it anew.
>> Look
>> the revision history now in the repository:
>>
>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/
>> security/pgp/files/patch-pgpFullLicense.c.diff?rev=34326
>>

>> See, it looks like the file just came into existence in r34326.
>> But it
>> didn't. It had a previous history that should have been preserved:
>>
>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/mail/
>> pgp5/files/pgpFullLicense.c-patch?rev=21488
>
> Sorry about that. The command I used was 'svn mv mail/pgp5
> pgp', which seems to have worked as expected for the portfile
> but not the patch.

Presumably you meant

svn mv mail/pgp5 security/pgp

That wouldn't however have renamed the patchfile, which you also did
somehow, to fix the naming error reported by lint.

The problem is that it's tricky in Subversion to rename both a
directory and a file in it in a single step. You can't just do two
"svn mv" operations like this:

svn mv mail/pgp5 security/pgp
svn mv security/pgp/files/{pgpFullLicense.c-patch,patch-
pgpFullLicense.c.diff}

because Subversion complains:

svn: Cannot copy or move 'security/pgp/files/pgpFullLicense.c-patch':
it's not in the repository yet; try committing first

It can be done, but you would need to recreate the directory
structure yourself and then move the individual files only once each,
like this:

svn mkdir security/pgp
svn mv mail/pgp5/Portfile pgp
svn mkdir security/pgp/files
svn mv mail/pgp5/files/pgpFullLicense.c-patch security/pgp/files/
patch-pgpFullLicense.c.diff
svn rm mail/pgp5
svn ci mail/pgp5 security/pgp

I reconnected the history in r34361, like this:

cd security/pgp/files
svn rm patch-pgpFullLicense.c.diff
svn cp -r 34325 http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/trunk/
dports/mail/pgp5/files/pgpFullLicense.c-patch patch-
pgpFullLicense.c.diff