Google SoC 2008

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Fri Feb 29 15:48:56 PST 2008

I'm writing to attempt to gauge interest in whether and how MacPorts
should participate in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) for 2008. See http://code.google.com/soc/2008/
.

You might be inclined to address any of the following questions:

  - Do you feel MacPorts should participate in GSoC 2008?
  - Are there particular MacPorts projects you'd like to suggest?
  - Are you willing to be a GSoC mentor?
  - Would you be interested, as a student, in participating in a GSoC
project for MacPorts?

GSoC pays students a wage for the summer to work on open source
projects, and also a stipend to the project for each student project.

If interested, we need to move very quickly. As the Google GSoC FAQ
says:

	"We'll begin accepting applications from open source mentoring
organizations on Monday, March 3, 2008; we'll stop accepting
organization applications on Wednesday, March 12th."

Your feedback is welcome

James