MacPorts 1.6.1

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Jan 8 11:39:47 PST 2008

	So, how about a quick and simple 1.6.1 release? There are a couple of
things I'd like to give a bit of a wider audience to:

-) James' "load" and "unload" port actions;
-) MacPorts build fixes with Universal flags turned on (usually
through the MacPorts Portfile) and a Panther specific fix to search
the bundled sqlite sources;
-) Kevin's switch to try-catch blocks in the UI initialization in
macports1.0;
-) my reworked selfupdate proc, which I've already cleanup quite a bit
locally.

	Items 2 and 3 above will help us hunt down the problems that have
prevented us so far from building a Panther dmg.

	On the other hand, is there something currently in trunk that anyone
would like to keep out of the release branch for the time being? For
instance, if I'm not mistaken there are some concerns about the
changes to Universal building that have gone in recently....?

	Regards,...

-jmpp