Different dmgs for different felines

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Wed Jan 9 21:59:06 PST 2008

On Wed, January 9, 2008 8:14 am, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	Maun Suang, since you reported to me that you already got the Panther
> dmg built, and that the errors you're experiencing (ui_prefix)
> manifest themselves regardless of whether you install from the dmg or
> from source, what would you say about uploading that dmg regardless of
> the bug?

Actually, I never built the Panther dmg precisely because the
ui_prefix/ui_channels problem prevented me from accessing
sysutils/MacPorts! (I not sure how I gave the impression that I had, but
apologies for however it happened).

Anyway, I've now created the Panther dmg by applying the patches from
r32105 [1], r32212 [2], r32514 [3] and r32525 [4] after sysutils/MacPorts'
patch phase; these patches were cherry-picked to ensure that the Panther
dmg is as close as possible to the Tiger and Leopard ones.  The resultant
Panther dmg passes the tests in the "Create Release Disk Image(s)" section
of base/portmgr/ReleaseProcess, with the caveat that daemondo isn't built
on Panther (see the configure script test for
CFNotificationCenterGetDarwinNotifyCenter(), which is only in 10.4 and
later [5]) and thus doesn't need testing; I updated ReleaseProcess to
reflect this in r32631.  The dmg and checksums updates were uploaded in
r32630, but I'll leave it to you as to when to restore the links to it
from www.macports.org.

By the way, Juan, /trunk/base/portmgr/dmg/postflight in the repository
seems well out of sync with
/branches/release_1_6/base/portmgr/dmg/postflight.  Is that supposed to be
the case?

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

[1] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/32105